Saturday, May 15, 2010

Going public

Many of you may have wondered why I have not been more outspoken to date about issues surrounding my recently disclosed leadership errors. The reason was that my Board of Directors at BIDMC was still considering the issues. Therefore, it wasn't yet timely for me to address them beyond authorized formal statements, what you have seen here and in the media. On Thursday night, the chair of our Board suggested to me that it would now be appropriate for me to meet with the media and discuss the case.

I did so yesterday in the first of several interviews, which will likely continue into next week. Here are Liz Kowalczyk's story in the Boston Globe; another by Jerry Kronenberg in the Boston Herald; and a third, an interview with Jon Keller on WBZ-TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment