Friday, October 29, 2010

Sad News on the Soccer Pitch

A fellow referee, about my age, sent an email entitled "Sad News." Of course, when I saw the subject line, I got worried that my friend might have a serious medical problem. Here's the text:

Don't worry - sad for me, funny for you.

I reffed some games at the grade 5/6 intramural jamboree the other day. While waiting for the horn to signal the kickoff, White team asks me who gets the kickoff. I told girls from each team that whoever guessed closest to my age would get the kickoff (taking off my hat in the interests of full disclosure). After several seconds I asked the Orange player closest to me for her guess. She whispers "67." As I was about to toss the ball to the White team for the kickoff, the closest White player says "72."

I told them both they were lucky I wasn't packing my red cards today.

Best to all,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment